Spark Technical Assistance & Coaching
Spark's technical assistance is available to address the many specialized areas of expertise also available through training, workshops, assessments, and planning services. The technical assistance model focuses on building your capacity to balance accountability to outcomes with opportunities for innovation.
Our approach is to tailor coaching and technical assistance to the unique characteristics of your community, building your capacity or the capacity of your coalition and partners. We customize our technical assistance to meet you where you are at, providing the specialized skills you need to move your community forward. Below are some of the many areas where Spark has provided technical assistance to help local communities develop and implement solutions to complex issues.
Financing Issues (for more information, visit Spark Fiscal Solutions):
- Blending and Braiding Multiple Funding Streams
- Developing coordinated financing plans;
- Developing front-door and back-door systems;
- Developing a case rate for your services;
- Understanding your funding streams (allowability, eligibility, reporting, auditing);
- Partnering with local funders; and
- Sustainability planning.
Systems Building and Systems Change Issues:
- Comprehensive systems change, including developing Systems of Care;
- Developing referral systems between agencies;
- Intake and exit processes;
- Implementing mental health and substance abuse screenings;
- Matching services to community and client needs;
- Developing co-located services, such as school-based health centers; and
- Integrating multiple services.
- Building evaluations for quality improvement purposes;
- Building evaluation capacity; and
- Engaging in real-time strategic learning.
Specialized Topics, including:
- MAYSI-2 and the juvenile justice screening processes;
- Referrals between schools and mental health centers;
- Colocation of mental health services in other settings;
- Farm to school and farm to institution planning; and
- Assessing local food systems.